BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 18, 2010

New things!!!

These are a few more pieces of my work. I've been breaking through some of my old shells, and rediscovering parts of my creativity that had been dormant and in hiding for a little while. I'm glad they're back. We've really missed each other! :)





I created this painting with the idea that behind so much of modern man's advancement of progress, new-found pleasures, ideas, and wonders of technology--there tends to remain a darker side of shadows and wreckage left in its wake. The balance between nature and humanity has been lost among the all the pretty colors and distracting treats and goodies that catch our eye, and in turn stray us further from natural order and ethical conduct.
Original painting available for purchase at my Etsy shop. Prints are available at Image Kind.




 

This painting was inspired by the natural cycles of our world, and the continuity of those cycles.

In this painting, I played with all of the colors (And I had a GREAT time doing it!) I was able to capture the full color pallet in my interpretation of a dramatic life cycle. This painting is like an exploding vibrant rainbow of creation and life! There is a flow of magic and balance everywhere you look at it. From the sun and the moon, to the earth and the sky--from the birds and bats flying freely, to the roots and worms snuggled happily into the ground.

On a more philosophical level--this painting also signifies that out of the bad things in life, there comes a steady horizon of growth, change, and renewal.
Original painting is available for purchase at my Etsy shop. Prints are available at Image Kind.






This painting was born out of a notion that beauty can still be found in some of the most desolate of places. From the ashes, rises the Phoenix. From destruction, comes restoration. From darkness, comes light.

Although a skull might symbolize death and endings to some--this painting is literally an explosion of life and rebirth. The bursts of bright flowers and colors circling around and sprouting from the smiling dome creates a peaceful, tranquil feeling of serenity, acceptance, and continuity.

"A Beautiful Disaster" was my interpretation of--and inspired from--the Mexican traditional holiday Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead). This painting has a bold, bright, lively flair with the twist of contemplation and captivation for flavor.
Original painting available for purchase at my Etsy shop. Prints are available at Image Kind.






This is an original one-of-a-kind acrylic painting that I created in 2010.

Green, brown, and clear bottles flit and flutter bat wings and forked tails dangerously amid the burning flames of temptation and debate. What more could you ask for?!?

Original painting available for purchase at my Etsy shop. Prints are available at Image Kind.






 This painting was brought to you by a tranquil--and being November *sigh*--a very missed Summer's night. 
When I was a wee-one, I had a special little nook  in our back yard where I would spend hours watching all the tiny details of nature, bugs, and plant life. You would  be amazed at how much life can be packed into a 10'x10' patch of dirt! It was that ground-level viewpoint, and wonderfully fond memory that inspired this painting.
Original painting available for purchase at my Etsy shop. Prints are available at Image Kind.



0 comments: